Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christina vs. Royal Icing


Not bad right? This was my second attempt at royal icing and I must say I did so much better than the first time. After some hints from a friend and scouring the internet and reading at least an hours worth of material and watching you tube videos I set out to conquer R.I. I must say I am still no master but these cookies came out pretty darn good, and they taste really good. Like to good to be in my house. I'll be bringing them to work tomorrow. It was a lot to do and I did get a little bored doing it by myself but the outcome was so worth it.

For the cookies I used this recipe from the blog Annie's Eats:

Ingredients:1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ t. almond extract1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
2 ½ c. sifted flour

Directions:Cream butter. Add powdered sugar. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough until firm. Roll to ¼” thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool. Yields ~40 cookies.Source: passed on to me by family friend Donna



I am happy to say at 26 I have found the sugar cookie recipe. Look no further. This is it. For the R.I. I followed a recipe from my friend Holli's blog Feeding the Big Guy I am not going to post the recipe because its quite long but go check it out. There are also helpful hints. Annie's Eats also has tons of tips and I ended up using a lot of them. Look for more sugar cookies with R.I. every holiday.

8 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job. They're just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look marvelous! You need to pat yourself on the back. Then go eat a cookie, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job, Christina! Glad you got the hang of RI - and found a tasty sugar cookie recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I have some baking to do but haven't decided what i'll do yet. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those look amazing!! They look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've started my rounds of reading blogs and about 5 so far have posted pictures of their Christmas cooking they've done. Now I'm starving and craving sweets! But this post is great - You have much more talent than me in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look awesome! icing cookies is challenging. If it were me, I'd probably end up throwing them across the room in a fit of rage because they didn't look perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails